ZLan Partners a Chicago-based Information Technology Consulting Firm, is seeking a qualified and motivated Managed Services Specialist. The candidate will be supporting small to enterprise customers in Chicago, and surrounding suburbs with 10-100 user possibly up to 1,500 user environments. Professional phone manners needed. Business casual dress required. Candidate must provide reliable transportation.
Provide 1st tier helpdesk end-user support for small to enterprise sized clients with complex issues in various Microsoft products, as well as other technical hardware and software issues. Diagnose and resolve technical issues over the phone by using advanced remote management tools or on-site. Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate with non-technical users required. Log tickets into ticketing database to track time and facilitate statistical report generation. This position is not limited to these responsibilities and may be revised as needed from time to time.
- Respond to calls, tickets and emails to troubleshoot reported issues in a helpdesk environment.
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain client computers and desktop applications.
- Support current Windows operating systems (XP through Windows 8).
- Support current Microsoft Office Suites.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal channel.
- Availability to work from 10 AM to 7 PM.
- Availability for occasional remote weekend work updating servers.
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Current Microsoft Desktop Certification highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Experience with current Windows operating systems (XP through Windows 8) required.
- Ability to remotely configure Smartphones to various email systems preferred.
- Experience with local and network printers preferred.
- Basic administration of Windows servers preferred.
- LAN/WAN and basic network troubleshooting and problem solving preferred.
- Familiarity with email server and spam filtering technology preferred.
- Two year College Degree or equivalent work experience in related computer field.
- At least two years of experience in a customer service environment preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Occasional field work may be required. Occasional lifting of PCs and/or servers required.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Able to deal with stress associated with fast-paced work environment. Multiple priorities/tasks. Make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels.
- Work in a typical office setting. Occasionally called upon to work overtime and/or at a client’s site.