ZLan Partners a Chicago-based Information Technology Consulting Firm, is seeking a qualified and motivated Windows and Infrastructure Engineer with network experience. The ideal candidate will have worked with Microsoft Server Operating Systems for a minimum of 5 years, have good WAN and LAN network setup experience, and working knowledge of storage and virtualization technologies.
The candidate will be supporting small to enterprise customers in Chicago, and surrounding suburbs with small to medium-sized user environments. Candidate would have direct interaction with customers on a day to day basis. Business casual dress required. Candidate must provide reliable transportation.
- Current Microsoft certification.
- CISCO ASA experience.
- SBS 2008 / 2011 experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on technical experience with Microsoft Server and network equipment.
- Has worked in a consulting role, or project managed environment, for at least 3 years.
- Has worked for more than 2 years in Enterprise environments in a hands-on IT role.
- LAN/WAN design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience on switches, routers and firewalls.
- Network-based Storage Technology (SAN) experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office 365 and related technologie a plus.
- SAN experience with managing HP and Dell based disk systems.
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- VMware certification a plus.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
Day-to-Day Duties would include:
- Designing, building, maintaining, and troubleshooting LAN/WAN networks.
- Designing, building, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Servers.
- Designing, building, migrating, and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365 technologies.
- 80% local day travel / 20% remote work.
- Full-Time Salaried Position
- Health & Dental